Human Resources Coordinator
The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) is an independent research center at the University of Washington. Its mission is to deliver to the world timely, relevant, and scientifically valid evidence to improve health policy and practice. IHME carries out its mission through a range of projects within different research areas including: the Global Burden of Diseases, Injuries, and Risk Factors; Future Health Scenarios; Costs and Cost Effectiveness; Local Burden of Disease; Resource Tracking; and Impact Evaluations. Our vision is to provide policymakers, donors, and researchers with the highest-quality quantitative evidence base so all people live long lives in full health.
IHME is committed to providing the evidence base necessary to help solve the world’s most important health problems. This requires creativity and innovation, which is cultivated by an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment that respects and appreciates differences, embraces collaboration, and invites the voices of all IHME team members.
IHME has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources (HR) Coordinator to join the Organizational Development and Training team (ODT). The HR Coordinator reports to an HR Manager providing specialized technical and administrative support for IHME recruitments and ODT initiatives. This requires an individual who is detail- oriented and highly organized, has good communication skills both verbal and written, can juggle multiple tasks and prioritize their own day-to-day schedule with general direction and goal-setting provided by the supervisor.
IHME is growing rapidly and expanding the services it provides to its employees. This is a great time to join our team and help develop these new services while building your career in HR. Typical responsibilities include:
- Oversee the organizational details of managing each recruitment through the UW systems UWHires & Workday; create positions, requisitions; process candidate application materials; build application libraries and notify hiring committee of material locations; schedule interviews daily; prepare interview materials for managers and candidates; and ensure all scheduling logistics are coordinated and seamless to create a positive candidate experience.
- Perform comprehensive candidate reference checks.
- Be accountable for closure of recruitments, updating and notifying candidate status, collecting materials for retention, closing down application libraries, and removing advertisements.
- Assist with the student recruitment process to include: drafting position announcements, coordinating hiring committees, posting announcements, processing applications, drafting appointment letters, setting up first day schedule.
- Assist with Post-Bachelor Fellow recruitment, providing applicant screening and logistical support.
- Draft appointment and contract letters.
- Maintain updates to IHME’s careers page.
- Participate in new employee onboarding to include building new employee folders and tracking trainings.
- Review and update the HR database and Workday to ensure staff and student information is accurate.
- Routinely review temporary appointments for needed extensions or separations, seeking approvals for extensions as needed.
- Organize the IHME’s drink of the month and annual anniversary initiatives.
- Coordinate exiting staff procedures and ensure appropriate IHME staff are aware of departure in a timely fashion.
- Actively seek process improvements to help save time and create more transparency in our daily processes.
- Perform additional duties as assigned that fall within the reasonable scope of the Organizational Development and Training team.
High school graduation or equivalent and three years of office experience including at least six months of experience in a human resources or related setting, OR equivalent education/experience.
- Fluent in MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook; comfortable learning new technologies independently.
- Strong skills in project management, including demonstrated ability to think independently, be flexible, and juggle priorities for multiple ongoing projects with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with people from various backgrounds and professional levels.
- Strong desire and ability to learn new intellectual content across different disciplines in a timely fashion.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly organized, team-oriented, self-motivated, and hard-working.
- Ability to creatively solve problems in order to meet Institute goals and objectives.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is critical.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field.
- Experience working with both Union and Non-Union employees.
- Desire to learn and grow in the Human Resources field.
Conditions of Employment: Evening and weekend overtime work may be required.