Postdoctoral Associate (Tumor Microenvironment and Cancer Immunology) Marth Lab
Sanford Burnham Prebys is a preeminent, independent biomedical research institute dedicated to understanding human biology and disease, and advancing scientific discoveries to profoundly impact human health. Our scientists are making research breakthroughs in cancer, neuroscience, immunology, and children's disease. We are also at the forefront of finding solutions for emerging health threats such as COVID-19, where we are working to identify drugs that may help millions of people. During our more than 40 year history, we have established an NCI-designated Cancer Center, designed one of the most sophisticated drug discovery centers in the nonprofit world, and created global collaborations that are leading to preventions, treatments and cures to improve human health
The Marth laboratory has a Postdoctoral Associate position available.
The Dr. Marth's laboratory research is centered upon protein glycosylation in the cell biology of disease. The lab develops and applies biomedical nanotechnologies in discovering how protein glycosylation participates in the metabolic origins and mechanisms of syndromes including diabetes, autoimmunity, inflammation, cancer, and sepsis. The incorporation of various nanotechnologies into biomedical research is becoming important in the investigation of diseases caused by metabolic and environmental factors that reflect template-independent non-genetic mechanisms.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should apply online to the SBP career site by submitting one PDF document with a cover letter, CV, references and list of any publications or accomplishments.
- Independently design and perform experiments and procedures with high degree of complexity, demonstrating increasing expertise with a wide range of techniques
- Demonstrate flexibility in adapting methods and skills according to evolving project priorities
- Provide independent experimental design and planning
- Be able to analyze and interpret data from different sources and draw relevant conclusions
- Demonstrate knowledge in relevant specialized disciplines
- Be able to present results at internal and external meetings
- Accurately document experiments
- Contribute to writing of reports and manuscripts with increasing responsibility over time
- Work collaboratively across lab functions and train other junior lab staff as needed
- Ph.D. degree in Science is required
- Previous Postdoc training is not required.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- The ability to work independently and to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work in an interactive and collaborative team
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Possess strong attention to detail, analytical, time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Embody the Institute's core values of Commitment, Collaboration, Communication, Community and Compassion
Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability – committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law. For additional information about your rights as an applicant, click HERE.