Finance/Accounting Intern 2020
Are you looking for an exciting development opportunity? Would you like to gain career experience to leverage your educational background? The National Pork Board is seeking an intern to work closely with the Finance/Accounting team. This position will assist with day-to-day activities and support the NPB accounting team. Special projects as appropriate will also be part of the experience.
Duties may include:
- Cash Flow forecasting.
- Developing and preparing financial statements.
- Preparing variance and trend analysis.
- Assisting with Pork Checkoff revenue data input.
- Producing new financial analysis reports.
- Special project design and completion.
- Assist with daily work of the team to balance workloads and drive cross-training.
- General Ledger activity and review.
- Year-End closing processes.
- Audit prep work and review audit reports.
- Financial systems applications: Microsoft Excel and Teams, Great Plains, Certify, and a new EPM software system.
Criteria for applying:
- Pursuing a 2- or working towards 4- year degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Demonstrate strong academic success.
- Ability to learn new technologies and work within a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
Details of Internship:
- We are looking for a candidate that would be willing to work with part-time 20 hours a week, up to 12-18 months.
- All intern positions are paid, based at our office in Clive, IA.
- Application deadline is August 5th, 2020.
- Apply HERE – no phone calls please.
The National Pork Board has responsibility for Checkoff-funded research, promotion and consumer information projects and for communicating with pork producers and the public. The Pork Checkoff funds national and state programs in advertising, consumer information, retail and foodservice marketing, export market promotion, production improvement, technology, swine health, pork safety and environmental management. Applicants should be able to support the mission of the organization with enthusiasm to serve U.S. pork producers. The National Pork Board has been recognized nationally as a “best place to work”. Visit us online at www.pork.org.