- Graduation from accredited school of nursing.
- Current registration with the Kansas State Board of Nursing.
- Good physical and mental health-requires lifting associated with patient care.
- Experience preferred but not necessary.
- In-service training required.
- Good knowledge of general nursing theory and practice including knowledge relating to nursing such as: drugs, biological, physical, social, and medical science and their application for better understanding of patient care problems. Thorough knowledge of principles, methods, and techniques involved in performing general nursing services and adapting or modifying standards of nursing practice for care of specific cases. Familiarity with organization, functions, policies, regulations, and procedures of hospitals as they relate to nursing services. Knowledge of literature and new development in nursing fields.