Substitute Daycare Teacher
The Fermilab Children’s Center provides onsite day care services for the preschool children of the laboratory’s diverse international community. The Center promotes the social, academic, emotional and physical development of each child through planned daily physical activity, creative play, music, stories, art projects, and personal attention.
The Children’s Center is looking for a Substitute (On-Call) Daycare Teacher with experience caring for children ages six weeks to six years old. This is a non-exempt (hourly) position, not to exceed 1000 hours per calendar year. Under general supervision, you will be responsible for the daily care of an assigned group of infants and/or toddlers. A Daycare Teacher provides primary care and leads independent and group activities for infants and toddlers. Through games and a variety of physical and mental exercises the children develop language and physical skills, curiosity, imagination and self-esteem.
What You Will Do:
- Provide care appropriate to the needs, age and developmental stage of each child.
- Provide care in an attentive, consistent and equitable manner.
- Develop and lead culturally-relevant programs and activities to encourage social, physical and intellectual development.
- Monitor and assist with maintaining safe classroom and outdoor environments.
- Establish and maintain positive rapport with co-workers and parents.
- Other duties as assigned.
We Are Seeking:
- An Associate degree in Early Childhood Development
- 2 years relevant experience.
- Strong communication and people skills to interact with children, parents, peers and managers.
- Instructional skills to clearly provide directives and in a way that young children can understand.
- Patience to handle different personalities, varying levels of social understanding and awareness, and tense situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness to abide by all environmental, safety and health regulations.
- Respect and understanding of the value of individual differences that embody the principles of diversity.
Relocation not available for this position.
Physical Activity and Work Conditions
Human Factors: Work outdoors, Blood Borne Pathogens
Diverse people. Diverse jobs. Great science.
Fermilab is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.