Feed Mill Management Trainee
Trainees will receive feed mill management, supervisory and leadership training within all stages of the feed mill necessary to prepare them for a supervisory or technical role within a feed mill or feed mill support department. Seaboard Foods. The training period will be 12 to 16 months and will take place in one of our seven feed mills located in Optima, OK. Trainees will be exposed to all areas of Seaboard Foods' connected food system. Upon completion of the training period, feed milling trainees will be able to apply for open positions in any of our operations areas and be promoted within Seaboard Foods!
- Rotating through each area of the mill (scale house, receiving, control room, dispatch, inventory, clerical, feed accounting, feed ordering, etc.) in order to gain knowledge of each department.
- Learning and understanding the flow of all materials, incoming and out-going, and the standard operating procedures of all areas of the feed mill.
- Operating all areas of the feed mill and completely understand automation system.
- Meeting production targets and maintain quality control as well as upkeep, and sanitation of property, equipment and vehicles.
- Maintain collaborative working relationship with supervisors, peers, subordinates, internal and external customers.
Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year university or college, an Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Related areas of study include milling science, bakery science, industrial engineering, ag business, general business, operations management, animal science, ag systems and technology, technical certificates or degrees in technical fields, or other related fields or experience.
- Coursework or experience in feed milling or manufacturing.
- Demonstrated experience or have the ability to facilitate, encourage, coach and lead a team to reach set goals.
- Good critical thinking and judgement skills to reach the best possible solution to a problem.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people such as employees, managers, and senior management.
- Flexible and able to work on assigned weekends (Saturday/Sunday) and be on call at all times of the day and week, when assigned, to resolve any issues that arise