Premier College Internship Program (PCIP) for Hill AFB Contracting Directorate
Hill AFB Contracting Directorate is accepting applications for the Summer of 2021 Premier College Internship Program (PCIP). This program is for qualifying students enrolled in a bachelorette or master’s degree program and interested in a full-time paid summer internship (12 weeks beginning May 2021) that may lead to a full-time position in our Copper Cap Program.
Qualification Requirements for the PCIP are as follows:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Enrolled as a full-time student (12+ semester hours) in a baccalaureate degree program or enrolled in a master’s degree program
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.95 or higher
- Graduation date between December 2021 – April 2023
- Exceptional oral communication skills are a must. You should be able to orally disseminate information to individuals or groups, effectively taking into account the audience and nature of the information.
- You should also possess strong written communications skills, so as to effectively produce documents in a clear, concise, and succinct manner.
- You must be a quick learner. The ability to understand, evaluate, and apply technical information acquired through formal training or extensive on-the-job experience will be critical to your ability to perform standard procurement tasks for the award and management of contractual actions.
- Problem-solving skills are another key. You should be able to solve practical problems by choosing appropriately from a variety of mathematical and statistical techniques.
- You will need to demonstrate critical thinking skills, including the ability to recognize and analyze issues, conduct research, summarize results, and use sound business judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and make recommendations.
Once students successfully complete the internship, they will return to school to complete their degree (part-time work may be an option). Upon graduation, they may be non-competitively converted to a position within the 3-year Copper Cap Program. Copper Cap trainees who have completed their undergraduate degree will start at the GS-07 and be eligible for promotion every 52 weeks through program completion. Copper Cap trainees who have completed their graduate degree will start at the GS-09 and be eligible for promotion every 52 weeks to the GS-12. Copper Cap graduates may be placed on permanent positions within the Contracting Directorate at Hill AFB.
GS Salary Table Calendar Year 2020, opm.gov
For the PCIP, annual pay is set depending on the number of credit hours completed at the time of your entrance on duty date.
- GS-04, 60+ undergraduate credit hours: $31,208
- GS-05, 120+ undergraduate credit hours: $34,916
- GS-07, 12+ graduate credit hours: $43,251
- GS-09: $52,905
- GS-11: $64,009
- GS-12: $76,721
LOCATION OF INTERNSHIP: Hill Air Force Base (AFB), UT
HOW TO APPLY, STUDENTS ONLY:
The following documents must be submitted in PDF format and clearly labeled to ALL of the following individuals: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title your email “2021 PCIP Opportunity - Last Name, First Name”. Applicants who do not follow instruction and submit all of the following applicable documents may be eliminated from consideration.
- Current Resume
- Current Unofficial Transcripts
- If you have attended multiple universities or colleges, please submit copies of all transcripts
- If you have completed foreign education, an Equivalency Evaluation Report from a US based credentialing evaluation service must be submitted
- Proof of Full-Time Enrollment
- Essay: In your own words, please answer this question: Why are you interested in the Contracting Career Field? Please describe why.
- Your essay response shall be no longer than 1 page, single space, one inch margins and size 12 font Times New Roman
- DD214, if applicable
- SF50, if applicable
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Thursday, 24 September 2020, 11:59 pm MST
Please see attachments for further information regarding contracting specialist positions, internship program, benefits offered and what to expect in an interview.
If you are selected for an interview, interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams, Video Call. You will be provided information on how to access the Teams Meeting for your interview. Interviews are anticipated to be held during the morning to early afternoon on Wednesday, 7 October 2020.