Certified Occupation Therapist Assistant
Are you interested in joining a program whose focus is on stabilizing mental illness and assisting patients in engaging in meaningful and structured clinical activities? Do you have the skills and desire to provide structured groups that are engaging, fun and therapeutic?
What you will do!
You will provide information to OTR of inclusion in clinical assessment and treatment!
You will implement occupational therapy services according to a written statement of goals and objectives!
You will coordinate with the overall clinical Treatment Mall programming goals!
You will provide clinical groups on the treatment mall and the unit that are engaging, fun and therapeutic!
What's in it for you?
- Full-time employment in the heart of Salem, Oregon
- A position where your input and contributions impact the citizens of Oregon
- 8 hours of vacation leave and 8 hours of sick leave per month
- Nearly unbeatable medical, vision, and dental benefits
- Pension and retirement programs
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Completion of an accredited occupational therapy assistant educational program (Associate of Arts Degree in Occupational Therapy);
- AND possession of a current Oregon Occupational Therapy Assistant License OR limited permit issued by the Oregon Occupational Therapy Licensing Board.
- Experience in creating and maintaining a work environment that is respectful and accepting of diversity among team members and the people we serve.
- Current valid Oregon Driver's License.
- Skills to provide groups that are engaging and aim to meet patients where they are at.
- Skills to provide information to OTR of inclusion in patient evaluation based on observation of group performance.
- Skills regarding administration of assessments and structured interviews.
- Skills around maintaining records of patient progress such as clinical charting and computer experience.
- Skills helping to ensure that treatment care plans reflect occupational therapy treatment goals.
- Skills to plan, present, interpret, and evaluate occupational therapy services.
Skills to prepare a written occupational therapy service delivery plan for assigned groups.