Cost Consulting Intern (Available June 2021)
Cost Consulting Intern - Available June 2021
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Develop an understanding of the economics that drive construction investment and spending
- Evaluate procurement methods available for large infrastructure and buildings projects
- Quantify and assess risks that face mega-projects
- Read, interpret, and analyze construction drawings
- Develop production driven construction cost estimates and resource loaded schedules
- Perform sensitivity analysis
- Develop an ability to articulate and present complex cost models
- Work with Building Information Modeling tools
- Financial modeling as related to construction projects
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Engineering, Economics, Construction Management, or Math field.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
- Broad knowledge of related engineering fundamentals
- Professional demeanor
- Good communication skills essential for team-based working
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
- Pursuing a Master's Degree in Engineering, Economics, Construction management, or Math field
- 3.5 GPA or higher
- Knowledge in various programming languages, VBA, broad understanding of excel logic, Primavera 6, Microsoft Project, Revit, AutoCAD, Microstation
- 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
- Dulles International Airport Expansion, Washington, D.C.
- Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles
- Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building at Dudley Square, Boston
- WW Grainger Headquarters, Chicago
- Uptown District Mobility Improvement, Houston
- Nasher Sculpture Center Garden, Dallas
- Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
- LEED Platinum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters, Seattle
- Queen's Way West Revitalization, Canada
- Agora Convention Centre in Bogota
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.