Project Management Intern (Available June 2021)
Project Management Intern- Available June 2021
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Assisting in preparing and maintaining project design and construction schedules using a variety of scheduling software e.g. Primavera, MS Project plus interfaces with associated software e.g. @Risk, HCSS
- Working with a team of professional estimators to extract cost, labor, material and other resources to load into schedules
- Understanding the estimates that form the basis of the work being scheduled.
- Preparing simplified, easy to visualize schedule roll ups for high level management reporting.
- Performing quantity take-offs.
- Developing high-level and detailed construction cost estimates.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Knowledge of MS Office suite
- Top applicants will possess excellent written, verbal, presentation and communication skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Must be motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
- 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
- Dulles International Airport Expansion, Washington, D.C.
- Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles
- Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building at Dudley Square, Boston
- WW Grainger Headquarters, Chicago
- Uptown District Mobility Improvement, Houston
- Nasher Sculpture Center Garden, Dallas
- Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
- LEED Platinum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters, Seattle
- Queen's Way West Revitalization, Canada
- Agora Convention Centre in Bogota
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.