Mechanical Tunnel Ventilation Intern (Available June 2021)
Mechanical Tunnel Ventilation Intern - Available June 2021
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Design of mechanical systems including: heating, cooling, heat rejection, air distribution, ventilation, air conditioning, building automation and controls. Your responsibilities will involve:
- Preparation of drawings detailing the systems designed and system design calculations.
- Applicable codes, specifications and standards for design of the above elements
- Interdependence between skills in delivering sustainable outcomes
- Many phases of the planning, design and construction process
- Assist with report writing and the selection of equipment for use in tunneling systems
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or higher
- Sound knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals
- Knowledge of Heat transfer, fluid dynamics, and thermodynamics
- Professional demeanor
- Good communication skills essential for team-based working
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Master's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 3.5 GPA or higher
- Experience with Ansys Fluent, Altair Hypermesh
- Long Baseline Neutrino Facility (Lead, SD)
- Second Avenue Subway (New York, NY)
- Hudson Yards (New York, NY)
- Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor (Los Angeles, CA)
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.