Senior Business Systems Analyst
The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Business Systems Analyst to join an excellent team, support critical initiatives and work to advance their IT operations.
This position falls under the Classification Information Systems Specialist 7.
WHAT YOU WILL DO!
As a Senior Business Systems Analyst, you will be responsible for providing technical systems analysis and direction to IT projects within the Office of Information Services (OIS). You will assist and provide expertise to project managers to identify and deliver technology solutions, determine the technical and operational feasibility of their solutions, as well as estimate the development and implementation costs of the solutions.
In this role, you will solicit, understand, and document the customer's technical business requirements, processes and workflows developing both written and visual depictions of requirements and process flows.
Additionally, you will lead the development and validation of the non-functional technical specifications that meet those requirements, serve as a subject matter expert to the developers building those functions, and work with the Quality Assurance team to test the developed functionality. You will work closely with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Developers, Testers, and Production Support Staff through each stage of the Project Management Lifecycle. You will partner effectively with all levels of the organization, lead others, drive results, proactively identify and resolve problems, and make challenging decisions. You will also be responsible for recommending and instituting business system analysis best practices, tools and methodologies towards standardization of deliverables and procedures.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- (a) Six (6) years of information systems experience in Business Systems Analysis. OR (b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or a related field; AND Four (4) years of information systems experience in Business Systems Analysis. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field; AND Two (2) years of information systems experience in Business Systems Analysis. OR (d) Master's degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Strong experience with IT Project Management Methodologies.
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Strong working knowledge of business systems analysis and research, technical specification development, analyzing business procedures, processes and policies conducting feasibility studies and cost/benefit analysis methods and planning as well as oversight and coordination of application development tasks.
- Ability to work with little guidance when performing complex development functions, establishing personal work priorities, resolving issues in alignment with the business unit’s technical standards, practices, frameworks and paradigms.
- Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.