Management and Program Analyst - Recent Grad
What's the Recent Graduates Program?
The Recent Graduates Program affords participants developmental experiences at CMS intended to promote possible careers. This one-year program is designed to provide an opportunity to those individuals who lack experience to participate in Federal government jobs, enabling them to develop on the job as they establish their career. Successful candidates are placed in a developmental program with the potential to lead to permanent employment at CMS.
Who may apply:
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply for this position.
- You must possess a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
About the role:
As a Management and Program Analyst, you will serve in a trainee capacity performing management and program analysis assignments. Primarily, you can expect to utilize qualitative and quantitative methods for the analysis and evaluation of internal, organizational program, and administrative operations to determine their efficiency and effectiveness. There are many more skills associated with performing the duties of this position!
What you'll do:
- You may perform limited studies, analyze and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of a health care, health regulatory, or human services related programs, or a segment of any program, within CMS.
- You may develop routine policies, guidelines, instructions, and procedures for administrative and management requirements.
- You may compile data and prepare administrative status reports for review at all levels.
- You may analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of managerial operations in meeting established goals and objectives.
Experience we're looking for:
GS-7: 1) Assisting staff members in analyzing the effectiveness of management or administrative programs, practices, or processes.
2) Preparing segments of information for inclusion into routine policies, guidelines, instructions, or procedures for administrative or management requirements.
GS-9: 1) Evaluating the effectiveness of management or administrative programs, practices or processes.
2) Assisting with the development of routine policies, guidelines, instructions, or procedures for administrative or management requirements.
3) Providing recommendations for improvement of programs, practices of, or processes.
To be eligible as a Recent Graduate:
Individuals who within the previous 2 years, completed a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Therefore, you must have completed your educational program no earlier than September 25, 2018. Veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation, begin their 2-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for veterans cannot exceed 6 years from the date on which they completed their degrees (or certification). Therefore, veterans must have completed your educational program no earlier than September 25, 2014.
To be eligible as a Degree Candidate for Fall 2020:
Individuals who are degree candidates for this current semester/term, i.e. Fall 2020, scheduled to complete a qualifying Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate, professional, vocational or technical degree or certificate program AND degree/certificate has not been conferred at time of application. Degree must be conferred by January 16, 2021.
To see the full list of qualifications and eligibility criteria, click apply to review the job announcement on USAJOBS.
Apply by 9/25/20!