Event Planning Specialist (Registrar)
Position: Event Planning Specialist (Registrar), Philmont Scout Ranch
Position location: Philmont Scout Ranch, Cimarron, NM
Philmont Scout Ranch is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to serve as the Event Planning Specialist/Registrar. The ideal candidate will have a background in event planning, customer service, accounting of event fees, record keeping and computer skills.
This position manages the registration operations of the Philmont Scout Ranch Camping Program. The Event Planning Specialist will work closely with all the varied departments and programs on the ranch to fully execute and manage the registration of all camping programs. This position also leads a seasonal registration team, presently comprised of 5 seasonal employees in providing exceptional customer service and accurate record keeping of all camping programs.
· Primary responsibility is to execute the registration of participants through the management of the Philmont Registration Gateway. Responsible for online registration processes or the technical delivery of all or some of the supplies and services as applicable for all camping programs.
· Manages the Registration Team during the summer months of early June through late August that requires coverage of 10+ hours per day, seven days a week.
· Serves as the main point of contact for questions regarding registration for Philmont camping programs.
· Responsible for maintaining and reconciling the monthly financial records for camping programs.
· Reports any obstacles and recommends adjustments to registration or functional processes when needed to ensure full participation.
· Is an active team member and member of the camping leadership team.
· Must communicate at all levels of Philmont operation including with other teams, volunteers, unit leaders and staff.
· Responsible for compiling and distributing the weekly attendance report.
· Communicates updates to the Philmont Ranch Committee and other stakeholders.
· Work on cross-functional teams to promote High Adventure and Outdoor Programs within the Boy Scouts of America.
· Works closely with Camping leadership to develop, update and assure the correctness of publications and websites.
· Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
· Ensures a high degree of customer satisfaction is delivered through the communication with unit and council leaders.
· Handle staffing issues such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals and performance reviews, as well as providing or organizing training and development
- High School diploma or GED required, Bachelors degree preferred.
- Ability to collaborate, inspire and hold accountable multiple stakeholders including seasonal staff and other Philmont Departmental employees.
- 3+ years office experience preferred
- Preference given to applicants with a strong understanding of the Philmont and BSA brand
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
- Great attention to detail, highly organized with multi-tasking skills.
- Customer focus, results driven, strategic planning, management proficiency, verbal communication
Salary Range $45,000- $50,000 annually. This is an Exempt salaried position meaning that it is exempt from overtime pay. The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a 403-B retirement investment plan. We also offer generous PTO and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should state Event Planning Specialist. Applications will be accepted through October 30, 2020.