Crystal Mountain is hiring cooks who are able to have fun while working in a busy kitchen! Line cooks are responsible for preparing restaurant outlet menu and special items to order. Requires reading tickets, ensuring all items are prepared and presented to specifications, communicating with other cooks, prepping product as needed, maintaining cleanliness and sanitation.
Crystal Mountain's Culinary Areas:
- The Thistle Pub & Grille – Open daily lunch & dinner
- The Wild Tomato – Open daily for breakfast and evenings for dinner
- Crystal Banquet Department – Custom catering
We believe in supporting our local producers by – highlighting and sharing their products and story with our guests! Be part of bringing creative culinary traditions back!
We also offer our guests Peak Performance menu items in all outlets as a healthy and flavorful way to eat a balanced blend of proteins, carbs and fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Effectively operates the cook’s station.
- Prepares work area for shift and ensures pars are ready for service.
- Pulls all food needed for daily production from walk-in box and utilizes all leftovers as per SOP and with direction from the lead cook, records stock use as per procedures.
- Assists with banquet food production needs as needed and directed.
- Maintains good housekeeping and safe temperatures in the entire workstation, kitchen, walk-in freezers, walk-in boxes and all reach-in refrigerators.
- Ensures all food is properly identified, covered, dated & stored.
- Maintains food quality and service in accordance with standardized company recipes and procedures.
- Promotes and maintains effective communication between service staff and other kitchen staff.
- Reports all needed maintenance and safety observations.
- Practices the "clean as you go" philosophy on the line.
- Must possess good working knowledge of cooking tools, utensils, sanitation procedures, and commercial kitchen equipment.
- Must possess reading and basic math skills to follow recipes.