School Office Manager Elementary - Bauder Elementary
SUMMARY: Responsible for the smooth and efficient management of the school administrative office and for providing administrative assistance to the principal, administrators, office, school staff, and students at an assigned elementary school.
May guide and supervise the work of support staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequency of duties, percent of time and work year may vary based on department or building assignment.
1. Perform financial duties, including reconciling and monitoring school-wide budgets, grants,
and PSA accounts; maintain petty cash; research, create, run, and maintain financial and other
reports; monitor and maintain building compensation plans; reconcile phone and cell phone
bills; order and inventory office supplies, equipment, and textbooks; process purchase orders,
warehouse orders, restricted checks, fund transfers, and travel and mileage reimbursements;
monitor purchasing cards; submit job orders; prepare Employee Reports and other
2. Manage principal’s calendar, including scheduling meetings, observations, and appointments. Compose, type, track, and/or submit correspondence, handbooks, newsletters, employee evaluations, and reports. Make travel arrangements as necessary. Maintain on-site employee personnel files and security and distribution of school building keys.
3. Receive calls, greet visitors, and answer inquiries. Direct calls and visitors to the appropriate
person as necessary.
4. Provide first aid and administer student medications, adhering to District and state procedures, as needed.
5. Monitor building visitors, visitor sign-in procedures and building activities including crisis
situations such as building evacuations, lockdowns, emergency situations and safety
procedures. May initiate crisis procedures in the administrator’s absence with direction from
6. May supervise support staff, including training, assigning and guiding work, assisting with
interviewing, and contributing to evaluations.
7. Report and monitor employee absences through absence system. Arrange for, monitor, and
sign time cards for substitutes.
8. Attend work and arrive in a timely manner.
9. Maintain building rental calendar, telephone system, and building telephone tree.
10. Serve on and attend various employee teams and attend all faculty meetings.
11. Process field trip requests.
12. Assist with production of master school schedule.
13. Assist in the organization of assessment testing and safety drills
14. Manage the School Choice selection process.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Specialized training beyond high school preferred
• Five year of progressive related experience, including experience supervising support staff
• Equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire
• Successful completion of First Aid and CPR, and Administering Medication in a School Setting (if not currently certified,
successful completion must be done at earliest convenience after hire)
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• English language skills
• Strong interpersonal relations skills
• Mathematical skills including basic calculations and application of basic math concepts
• Bookkeeping and accounting skills
• Supervisory skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy skills
• Organizational, problem-solving, and collaboration skills
• Bilingual oral and written communication skills may be required or preferred
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions, use time efficiently, demonstrate attention to detail, follow
instructions, and respond to management direction
• Ability to participate and work in a team environment
• Ability to maintain honesty and integrity in all aspects of the job
• Ability and willingness to adhere to attendance requirements, including regular and punctual employee presence
• Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies, and building and department procedures
• Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse ethnic and
• Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate
safety equipment, and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
• Operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers, peripherals, and media equipment
• Operating knowledge of and experience with office software
• Operating knowledge of and experience with typical office equipment, such as telephones, copier, fax machine, E-mail, etc.
Rate of pay: $19.12/hr
Work calendar days: 210
Duration of position: Ongoing