Senior Database Warehouse and Metadata Architect
The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for a Database Architect to join an excellent team, design key databases and work to advance their IT operations.
This position falls under the Classification Information Systems Specialist 8.
WHAT YOU WILL DO!
As a Senior Database Warehouse and Metadata Architect, you will provide for the distribution of data from the external Integrated Eligibility (IE) reporting platform; the development of reliable and accurate reporting of IE Data; and for the development and distribution of metadata, including data models, data dictionaries, database diagrams and the data flow definitions necessary to map and understand the interactions in and among Legacy Systems, IE and various new and existing Data Warehouses using the Erwin Data Governance suite of tools.
In this role, you will provide database design expertise for essential data repositories used for report development. This includes reporting not currently covered in the Vendor Initiative for IE, with a primary focus on Federal Reporting Requirements and unconverted Legacy reports and new reporting. You will also provide for the analysis of both converted and native IE data.
You will provide expert consultation to management and professional IT staff on Best Practices for metadata development, data harvesting and report development. You will also plan and develop new, efficient and more timely ways to deliver reports, data and metadata to customers.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- (a) Seven (7) years of information systems experience in Database Design. OR (b) An Associate's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or a related field; AND Five (5) years of information systems experience in Database Design. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field; AND Three (3) years of information systems experience in Database Design. OR (d) A Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field; AND One (1) year of information systems experience in Database Design. OR (e) A Doctor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Experience with Erwin Data Modeler.
- Database Design experience (Data Warehouse, OLTP, Data Mart).
- Five (5) or more years of experience with ETL development with a preference for SSIS.
- Solid understanding of Data Governance principles and Metadata management.
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI, SSRS and Tableau reporting tools
- Excellent verbal communication skills for guiding development efforts and presenting demos of work products.
- Extensive knowledge of IBM DB2 (AIX and z/OS) and Microsoft SQL-Server databases.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL construction and optimization.
- Familiarity with database connectivity between DB2, SQL-Server and Web Sphere and/or .Net applications servers
- Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.
This is a full-time, permanent position that is classified and represented by SEIU.
The Oregon Health Authority is committed to developing and promoting culturally and linguistically appropriate programs and a diverse and inclusive workforce representing the diversity, culture, strengths and values of the people of Oregon. Click here, to learn more about OHA’s mission, vision and core values. OHA is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information or any other protected class under state or federal law.
OFFICIAL STATE APPLICATION (required): Click on the green "Apply Externally" button.