Assistant Manager, Best Friends Roadhouse & Mercantile
Location: Kanab, Utah
Position Summary: The Assistant Manager of the Best Friends Roadhouse & Mercantile and Sanctuary Lodging will provide management and oversight for the front desk staff and all lodging reservation management systems and their updates, third party channels, marketing via membership channels, social media and traditional marketing with a focus on regional reach and room rate strategy.
Additionally, the Assistant Manager will support the Roadhouse Manager in leading the staff in warmly welcoming visitors and their pets to Best Friends Animal Society's lodging. The Assistant Manager will exemplify and drive an inspired, hands-on level of personal service in keeping with Best Friends brand and hospitality standards for all guests and their pets while providing appropriate recognition, personal involvement and amenities for Best Friends clientele including members, donors, volunteers, associates, etc.
The Assistant Manager will be highly visible for Roadhouse guests and associates and within the Kanab community while effectively interacting with Best Friends Animal Society department heads and working collaboratively with Best Friends Sanctuary and Visitor Experience leaders.
- Ensure safe conditions are maintained at all times for all guests, pets and associated visitors
- Reservation system and booking strategy management
- Marketing via membership channels
- Social media and traditional marketing with a focus on regional reach.
- Work with the Roadhouse manager to provide management for the Roadhouse with a primary focus on the front desk staff.
- Provide hands on operational support of all Roadhouse activities as needed.
- Ensure all staff are nurtured, trained and supported.
- Build long term relationships with Guests, Pets and Associates.
- -Help ensure the property is kept in pristine condition at all times.
- Perform other duties as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated prior supervisory experience in boutique lodging or hotels, front desk and lodging operations or similar.
- Familiarity with hospitality technology software and systems including property management, guest communications, digital locks, etc. or aptitude to learn.
- Marketing and Social Media management
- Some prior experience with retail and food and beverage in a lodging environment is preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills and understanding of complex systems with changing priorities.
- Previous demonstrated community participation is strongly preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license and qualify for BFAS insurance.
- Ability to regularly work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays as needed in order to assist in managing lodging operations and ensure guest's and pets needs are met.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in all areas of the Roadhouse with some computer experience with repetitive typing, arm and hand movement.
- Ability to drive a Best Friends Animal Society vehicle when necessary to maintain operations and meet guest's needs.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time in order to manage lodging operations and meet the needs of guests and pets, as well as interact with the local community.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.