Summer 2021 LEAP Program
Summer 2021 Internship
For more information, please click HERE to watch a brief video about the program and to express interest in potentially becoming a LEAP intern.
The Leadership Excellence at Penn (LEAP) Program is a career and leadership development program designed for college/university students nearing graduation and/or recent graduates. In total, the program is 15-months and divided into 2 phases:
- Internship (Phase 1): 12-week paid internship that provides practical, hands-on experience in several job areas while being mentored by corporate and property leaders. Interns will develop and present a final project to property leadership.
- Associate (Phase 2): 12-month program in which participants are hired full-time into an entry-level leadership position in their job area while being mentoring by corporate and property leaders. Associates complete and present a capstone-type project to senior leadership at the end of the program.
The LEAP internship is designed for college/university students, completing their junior or senior year, working towards a degree. Interns are exposed to a variety of real-life work experiences by rotating through various job areas, which may include:
- learning and performing job duties within an area, where jurisdictionally approved.
- working on projects related to key business priorities, determined by property.
- participating in Company-wide training programs and attending key meetings.
- building relationships with team members, department leaders, and executives.
- Enrolled in an accredited college/university, with an interest in food & beverage/culinary, finance, gaming operations, hospitality/hotel operations, human resources, information technology, and/or marketing
- At least 21 years of age prior to beginning the internship
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Penn cannot sponsor visas for the LEAP Program
- Available for full-time employment (40hrs/week), working varied shifts including holidays and weekends, for the duration of the internship
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Interns are considered temporary, hourly, full-time team members.
- If needed, housing is provided by staying on property or a monthly stipend is provided.
- Interns are responsible for meals, travel, relocation, and recreation during the internship, if not work-related.
2021: KEY DATES
December-January Corporate interviews
February-April Property interviews and offers extended
Late May-Early June Start of Internship
August End of Internship