Intern - Safeguards & Security - Technical - Undergraduate - Summer
What Your Job Will Be Like
We are seeking a Summer - Technical Undergraduate Intern to join our dynamic center Summer 2021! We are looking to fill three intership positions within Center 4200. If you are highly motivated, interested, and dedicated to Safeguards and Security and are majoring in Engineering/Science then please apply.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Collaborate with team members responding to national security needs
- Use your talent and skills on a summer project with impacts to the organization
- Share your project milestone progress while you learn new skills and build experience for the future
- Work with partner organizations across a variety of areas allowing you to learn more about Sandia and its Mission
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
Qualifications We Require
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time (or scheduled to graduate in the spring) in an accredited undergraduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
Note: If you have not yet started your undergraduate program, please apply to a high school intern position.
Qualifications We Desire
- Engineering and Science Major
- Excellent teaming and communication skills
- Career interests in Safeguards and Security at a national laboratory
- Ability to obtain a DOE Security Clearance.
About Our Team
Center 4200 (Safeguards and Security) is an integral partner for a wide variety of Mission programs across Sandia National Laboratories. Three undergraduate technical summer interns are being identified for technical projects for Summer 2021. The three organizations hostings the interns will be the Classification Department, Technical Security Systems Department, and the Nuclear Material Management and Material Control and Accountability (MC&A) Department. All of our summer internships offer an opportunity to engage in meaningful technical work and have an impact in national security work based on our DOE Security Orders.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.