Intern - Sales Analyst - Federal - Summer 2021
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lumen’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within the GEAR - Public Sector & Strategic Enterprise Department will be part of an accelerated learning experience, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active Lumen work projects. Interns will have the potential to experience supporting the Federal Government Civilian agencies and accounts and grow and maintain Lumen's footprint. The internship will take place in Herndon, VA and take place from June 1, 2021 - August 13, 2021. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career right for YOU!
This position will be supporting the Federal Markets group in pre-sales position. Federal Civilian team is responsible for supporting the Federal Government Civilian agencies and accounts and grow and maintain Lumen's footprint.
Support Civilian Law Enforcement team with pre-sales and some post sales activity. Researching customers. Preparing customer quotes and presentation. Attend customer calls and meetings to build relationships and develop understanding of the customer and Lumen's internal processes.
• Research and generate lists of potential contacts within the account base.
• Provide input on customer briefs and presentations.
• Assist the sales leads in pricing various CenturyLink products.
• Support the revenue retention efforts.
• Assist in the evaluation of new sales opportunities.
- Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher (preferred)
- Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university, in a rising junior, rising senior, or masters level status at time of internship.
- Graduating between August 2021 – May 2023
- Education/Degree: In pursuit of a bachelor’s level degree in business, accounting or finance in a senior level status at the start of the internship. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate ownership and accountability
- Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and adapts well to change
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Experience & Skills: Microsoft Office 365 Inside and out (Excel. Powerpoint. Word).
- Fast learner.
- Intern is responsible for their travel to/from work location
- Must be available to work 30 – 40 hours, during the specified 10-week timeframe
- US work authorization is required
Requisition #: 234291