Under general supervision, assist with overall operation and educational programming of a State Park. Performs diversified duties as governed by general instruction, policies and standard operating procedures of the Department. Assumes the responsibilities of the Park Manager in the absence of higher level employees.
- Plans, promotes, and conducts thematic tours of historic house museum, programs, workshops, and activities for the park visitor through personal contact, verbal, and written communications.
- Promotes the park, the park system and the state through off-park presentations, newspaper/Parkview articles, and other media appearances.
- Assist with park administrative and operational activities.
- Conducts research in areas relative to Redcliffe Plantation to enhance interpretation, exhibits and resource management.
- Assist Park Manager with research, cataloging and management of historic house museum collection.
- Recruits, trains, and supervises volunteers. Coordinates volunteers in conducting workshops and other park projects.
- Practice and promote teamwork within the Park Service, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
Master's degree or a Bachelors degree and two years experience in the interpretation, public history, or the museum field.
- Position requires light to medium lifting, walking, standing on uneven terrain, crawling, and working at heights. Work is in weather extremes. Position requires residency in agency-provided housing. Requires flexible work schedule, to include weekends and holidays.
- Ability to relate well to the general public, research and deliver program information in a positive manner. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Valid SC drivers license.
Actual Job Location: Redcliffe Plantation State Historic Site.
Residency in agency provided housing.
Full-time, 40 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
Allison King, Employment and Recruitment Manager
South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism