Food Service Specialist - Full-Time Temporary COVID-19 Support at Per Diem Pay Rate (Provo, UT)
Under close supervision, the Food Service Specialist performs a variety of food service duties. This position will be a temporary position assisting with additional culinary demands required due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
One Intermountain - We're all in this Together!
Intermountain Healthcare is committed to “helping people live the healthiest lives possible.” With the COVID-19 crisis, this is more important than ever. Our team of dedicated caregivers remain committed to providing safe and extraordinary care for our patients during this time. We’re seeking Healthcare Hero’s for temporary positions. If you are interested or available to work a variety of hours, we are looking for you!
- Per Diem Pay Rate: $17.61 flat rate
- Benefits Eligible: No - Temporary position
- Shift Details: Full-time Temporary support. Variable hours depending on needs of the departments, including nights and weekends.
- Department: Culinary Services, Utah Valley Hospital (Provo, UT)
- Additional Details: These positions are temporary to assist with the COVID-19 crisis. There is not a set end-date, but will be scheduled as needs are present.
1. Obtains food and/or supplies from storeroom.
2. Delivers and presents trays to patients using patient identifier process.
3. Stocks and cleans.
4. Independently resolves customer service issues.
5. Performs accurate cash/credit transactions according to corporate standards.
6. Balances and reconciles drawer.
7. Knows menu, portion, and price prior to meal service to provide appropriate service to customers, including answering questions and serving food.
8. Sets up and services catered functions according to requested level and scope of service.
9. Performs food preparation functions (following standard recipe, assembling ingredients), for example, prepares salads, sandwiches, vegetables, and fruit.
10. Understands modified diets and prepares modified recipes using appropriate techniques.
11. Maintains an organized and sanitary working environment.
12. Maintains proper quantities of production with appropriate rotation of product.
13. Performs housekeeping functions including cleaning and sanitizing surfaces, floor care, and equipment (oven, fryer, hoods).
14. Follows HACCP standards.
- Food handler's permit (as required by the County)
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to handle problems and difficult situations.
- Demonstrated basic math skills.
- One year of food service or cashier experience.
- Hospital food service experience.