Senior Human Resource Generalist with Exceptional HRIS Process Experience - West Coast Preferred
Do have strong Microsoft Office skills with a high degree of comfort working with HRIS systems? Do you have the ability to provide outstanding customer focus while communicating professionally with all levels of employees? Can you work effectively in a fast-paced work environment while remaining detailed and organized? If you said yes to all of these questions, we want to hear from you!
Wilbur-Ellis is one of the largest family-owned companies in the world. Applying our knowledge and expertise, we have grown into a $3 billion business by focusing on the essentials people need to thrive.
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Senior HR Generalist is responsible for providing support on a broad range of human resources services that align company objectives with the Human Resources Shared Services (HRSS) initiatives and programs. This role manages various HR tasks and operations to ensure compliance with employment laws, including documentation and reporting. In this position, the focus is supporting business HR and SMEs (subject matter experts) in resolving questions across a wide range of HR topics, including HR policies and procedures, regulatory compliance, employee relations, performance management, payroll, onboarding, policy administration, and benefits.
Preferred location: west coast
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with HR Generalist functions and broad-based HR knowledge in Onboarding/Offboarding, Employee Relations, Payroll, Benefits, and HRIS
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and application of state and federal employment laws and ability to research law changes
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines
- Experience with and solid working knowledge of HRIS systems and programs
- Bachelors degree in Business, Human Resources or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of HR Generalist experience
- HR certification a plus
Key Personal Attributes:
- Critical thinking and solutions-orientation
- Comfortable with complex problems, requiring ingenuity, creativity, and innovation Critical thinking and solutions-orientation and comfort with complex problems, requiring ingenuity, creativity, and innovation
- Demonstrated use of excellent judgment initiative within defined HR policies
- Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality; strong sense of professional integrity and judgment
- Exceptional attention to detail
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables Include:
- Providing project management support in order to plan, track, communicate and ensuring on-time implementation of key HR programs such as enterprise-wide performance management focal review, HRSS year-end priority projects, and HRSS ad hoc projects
- Managing the onboarding system and workflows for all new hires annually by providing appropriate onboarding forms & documents to new hires for acknowledgment or signature, managing onboarding workflow notifications, ensuring employment eligibility compliance (I-9/e-verify) and conducting Background Checks & Motor Vehicle Reports.
- Working closely with the Legal Department to ensure compliance with company policy and employment law when drafting and creating new company forms and/or templates.
- Serving as system and content owner for company HR websites. Managing and overseeing security, and user-friendly layout/design ensuring employees, managers, and HR team members can easily access forms, templates, policies, user guides, and HR announcements. Ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of HR content on the Company intranet.
- Providing administrative support to the Subsidiary HR leaders in regards to employee relations documentation and process management, including tracking separation documentation as necessary.
- Partnering with business/field HR in administering and implementing enterprise-wide HR policies and procedures, people programs and processes including training material preparation, conducting training events, tracking employee feedback and participation
- Providing support to Corporate people leaders with new hire preparation, onboarding, and orientation, talent development, employee relations, leave of absences, time and attendance, PIPs, accommodation requests, etc.
- Coordinating logistics and content readiness of monthly HR Generalist calls and HRSS team meetings as needed
- Acting as the primary point of contact among the HRSS team for company acquisitions. Facilitating communications between the HRSS team and local HR, assist with the onboarding of newly acquired employees, audit acquired employee information for integrity, and ensuring pay and benefits provided align with the legal documents related to the acquisition.
- Managing and partnering with HR Assistant in maintaining and auditing employee records for data accuracy, ensuring compliance with federal and state requirements (e.g. personnel information, organization charts, background checks, employment authorization data, employee relations, etc.)
- Acting as project manager for year-end tasks, audits, and HRSS team responsibilities.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive employee health and retirement benefit offerings
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-five years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to quality work, our customers, and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits, and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.