Transmission Technician I or II
We are an electric utility seeking a Transmission Technician to support engineering, operations, and our Member systems!
Our Transmission Engineering Department is seeking an individual who has a passion for leading and inspecting projects and who wants to take their drafting and design skills to the next level. We have two different levels of Transmission Technician, based upon experience. Please apply for the position that best fits your qualifications.
- Start your career with future opportunities to grow!
- Enhance your project management skills and showcase your drafting, surveying, and mapping skills.
- Work closely with a fun team and coordinate with employees, Members, and more!
- Build your retirement with a lucrative pension plan.
Utilize technical experience and knowledge skills to support Sunflower engineering, operations, and Member systems.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering technology, industrial technology, or a related field or four years of electric utility experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An additional two years of engineering, engineering support, or technical services experience is required for the level II position.
- Successful completion of the Edison Electric Institute (EEI) Technician Occupations Selection System (TECH) test.
Refer to the Responsibility Outline for a complete list of qualifications:
We administer selection tests for a variety of positions. The required tests have been developed by the Edison Electric Institute (EEI), a trade association of investor-owned electric utility companies. We strongly encourage candidates to review all the information, including the sample test brochures, and to use the available practice tests before taking the actual tests, available here: https://secure.eei.org/eeitests/onlineproducts/Login.aspx.
The username and password are both sunflower. Practice tests provide sample questions and detailed discussions of the correct answers. It's important to take the practice test as you would the actual one, with similar intensity and concentration. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer.
Note: EEI does not allow access to the actual tests. Testing sessions are held at various locations.
Sunflower Electric Power Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.