Are your career goals to be an Engineer? Are you looking for a challenging position at a company with excellent benefits, great work/life balance, and job stability? If so, you're in luck!
Core Manufacturing is looking for manufacturing process engineers. Process Engineers are responsible for providing engineering direction and oversight for manufacturing and delivery of reactor core components. Process engineers assume significant responsibility for resolving production issues and developing new processes while balancing cost, schedule, technical requirements and quality. Frequent communication with vendors, Naval Reactors, other Prime Contractors and departments within NNL is a vital part of the role of a manufacturing process engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the review of discrepant product and to determine the path forward for resolution. They will be required to review manufacturing documents and drawings to assure that contract requirements are being satisfied and document the reviews. Perform engineering evaluations and analyses, and make engineering decisions for all aspects of assigned tasks. Cognizant areas may include planning, designing, modeling, analyzing, documenting, and testing of nuclear, mechanical, structural or electrical components, systems and equipment and facilities. Work may include chemical or materials evaluations, design reviews, operations support, safety analysis, engineering methods and software development, and analysis of vendor's procedures and systems for quality control or manufacturing surveillance.
REQUIRED SKILLS *
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university.
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years relevant experience; or
- MS degree in engineering or Master's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year relevant experience
The successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
- A minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA is preferred.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Nuclear Engineering.
- Proficient in both written and verbal communications.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and can work independently or as part of a team.
- Process improvement or manufacturing process development experience is a plus.