Entry Cook - Full & Part Time
COVID Policies: The well-being of our employees, guests, and communities is our top priority as we deliver enhanced operations to help combat the spread of COVID-19. To read how we have changed our operating procedures visit our 2020-21 Winter Experience page at www.squawalpine.com
A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and more!
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and Alpine
- 30% discount at Squaw Valley operated retail stores, including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Provide great guest service to internal and external guests.
- Displaying a positive attitude and desire to learn.
- Wash, clean, chop, dice, grate, slice a variety of meat, poultry vegetables and other food items.
- Cut, portion, clean, peeling, slice, chop, measure and mix ingredients such as meats, vegetables, etc.
- Set up and stock food station.
- Operate cooking station such as the grill, fryer, oven, pantry or sauté station.
- Cook and serve products from the kitchen station assigned.
- Understand and comply consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Refer to daily prep list at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Inform Chef/Kitchen Manager of product shortages, equipment or food quality problems.
- May assist with other duties such as washing dishes, bussing, stocking, and other cleaning duties as needed.
- Quick serve restaurants will require front of house service and interaction with guests.
- Assist with the overall cleanliness of the kitchen with assigned cleaning and opening and closing duties.
- Participate in trash, recycling, and compost sorting efforts.
- Maintaining and following proper food handling procedure, clean and sanitary work areas.
- Maintaining adherence at all California food handler’s sanitation standards.
Education and Experience:
- Must have or be able to obtain a California Food Handlers card.
- High School Diploma or GED.