HAI Program Administrative Specialist (AS2) – Limited-Duration (12-months)
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Public Health Division (PHD), Acute and Communicable Disease Prevention (ACDP) Section in Portland, OR is recruiting for a HAI Program Administrative Specialist to provide administrative support for the Healthcare-Associated Program activities, including surveillance for infectious disease pathogens that spread readily in healthcare settings and coordination of infection control education and technical assistance work in healthcare facilities across the spectrum of care.
NOTE: A resume is required to be attached to your application.
For your application to be considered, you must apply at the following link:
Applications submitted through 3rd party websites will not be reviewed.
What will you do?
As a HAI Program Administrative Specialist you will monitor incoming requests for infection control assistance from healthcare facilities and schedule consultations; coordinate meetings; take minutes; create tracking tools; assist with hiring and onboarding; track deadlines; track grant milestones; support interagency communication need; help ensure staff awareness of current policies and requirements; assist with telecommuting needs; and act as backup in-house expert to ensure operation of 24/7 line.
What are we looking for?
· Minimum Requirements: Two years of experience as an administrative specialist or executive support specialist which included administrative support for a project, program, or operation. Administrative support includes those duties beyond clerical/secretarial such as: interpretation of laws, rules, and regulations; administrative data collection and analysis; and evaluation of projects, processes, and operations; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience. One year of postsecondary education may be substituted for up to one year of the experience.
· Advanced knowledge in Word, Excel, Outlook, desktop publishing and graphics software applications.
· Adherence to the highest standards of confidentiality regarding patient information and information security.
· Experience managing and coordinating multiple calendars for manager and staff.
· Experience coordinating all activities for meetings and conferences.
· Experience making and reconciling purchases with state credit card for purchases such as books, training purposes and supplies.
· Experience with answering a multiline telephone system and triaging calls.
· Experience establishing and maintaining filing and tracking systems.
· Must develop and maintain advanced competency on Oregon’s web-based Health Alert Network (HAN).
· Experience promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.
Requires frequent and advanced use of computers, printers, copy machines, fax machines, multi-line telephones, cell phones, satellite phones, and personal data accessories (PDAs). Must be able to access information from a variety of sources including textbooks, professional journals, computer programs, internet and via consultation with subject matter experts. Work hours may include nights and weekends. This position may be called upon to respond to a public health emergency.
Additional training in emergency response may be required.
How to Apply
Please click on the green "Apply Externally" button.