5 Star Emergency Service Worker - Denver Economic Development & Opportunity
We are hiring 25 on-call entry level positions which will work no more than 39 hours per week and are not eligible for benefits. These are temporary positions that are expected to last a minimum of five weeks.
Starting Pay: $20.59/hour plus mileage reimbursement.
Due to COVID-19, the location of this position is remote but will require physical travel to businesses to conduct on-site audits. Candidates are required to own and use a personal computer/tablet, mobile phone, reliable internet connection and transportation.
Denver Economic Development & Opportunity (DEDO) is seeking candidates to fill twenty-five (25) 5 Star Certification Program Field Auditor positions to help administer the 5 Star Certification Program. Businesses certified through the program are required to implement safety measures beyond what is already required by public health orders and guidelines to help slow the spread of COVID-19, and in doing so, they will be able to expand operations. More detail can be found here: https://covid19.colorado.gov/five-star-certification
DEDO is leading an inclusive and innovative economy for all Denver residents, businesses, and neighborhoods – supporting owners/employers, our talent pool, and stabilization efforts in Denver’s diverse neighborhoods.
Training for the Field Auditor position will include:
- A 90-minute instructor-led “classroom” training (via zoom) explaining what the role entails; how to conduct tasks (e.g., auditing, reporting, scheduling, inputting of data, how to certify/recertify, etc.); how to interact with command central/the field auditors; what oversight will be; what real-time support is; and how to access help when needed, etc.
- Instructor-led tests and instruction throughout the training to ensure understanding of the subject matter and content
- Shadowing of an H2 professional for the tasks being performed (approximately two hours)
Job duties and responsibilities of the Field Auditor position include:
- Complete training and shadowing
- Conduct audits, certifications and/or recertifications (each audit should take about two hours including on-site visit, interaction with command central and data input/reporting. Certifications/re-certs should take less than one hour per business)
- Continuous interaction with command central
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Willingness and desire to work as a team to do good in the community
- Ability to apply learning/practices from the training
- Excellent communication skills and ability/willingness to interact on an ongoing basis with command central
- Basic computer skills to input data into Google documents/drives, etc. (training/shadowing provided)
- Personal computer and working mobile phone
- Regular and reliable internet access to perform work and access training via online platform such as Zoom, Google Hangouts, or Microsoft Teams
- Access to reliable transportation necessary for those working as a Field Auditor (eligible for mileage reimbursement for personal vehicle use)
- Multi-lingual skills not required but highly preferred
- Timeliness/being on time for scheduled commitments
- Ability to accurately collect information and input it into required systems
- Curiousness and humility to ask questions when not sure of what to do or if something unique arises
- Flawless execution (i.e., does what is asked and does it well)
- Experience working at or with businesses that fall into the 5-Star designated business sectors: general business, personal services, indoor events, restaurants and/or gyms
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate
- Licensures/Certification(s): Requires a valid driver's license at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment