Undergraduate Summer Administrative Internship
Join a team of driven health care professionals at an award-winning academic medical center! This 8, 10, or 12-week internship experience is specifically designed for undergraduate students seeking administrative and operations experience in health care. The purpose of this job is to gain practical experience in health care operations and administration through contributions to department operations and initiatives. You’ll build relationships across our health care enterprise as you bring solutions to the table. Our internship program also dedicates time for professional development through lunch n’ learns, social events, and presentations from our practitioners and leaders.
Each intern is matched a department based on their interests and skills and the department’s needs. In Summer 2021, we have 10-12 opportunities that span a variety of departments:
• Training for our Enterprise Call Center
• Rotations in our Facilities team (real estate, facilities operations, engineering)
• Food Services
• Environmental Health and Safety
• Space Management
• February 26: Application closes
• February 29 - March 12: Initial resume and phone screening
• March 5 - 26: Interviews
• March 29 – April 1: Offers extended
• Late May, Early June: Internship startThe essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification, and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist with detailed data gathering for initiatives, including synthesizing qualitative and quantitative data from a variety of sources
- Draft project deliverables that summarize key findings and propose solutions
- Interface with clinicians, employees, and leaders to share results and gain input
- Present findings and results to internal audiences
- Other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program or equivalent educational experience