Chemistry R&D Intern
The Chemistry R&D intern position provides an excellent opportunity for students to get hands on experience working with our scientific staff on an individual technical project leading to a poster and oral presentation that will be presented at the end of the internship at the Summer Science Forum on August 6th 2021. The position starts on May or June and runs for 12 weeks with paid 40 working hours per week. The R&D intern works under the close supervision of the assigned mentor and R&D Manager; and will be in close contact with Product and Program Managers.
- Follow the policies and procedures defined by the organization.
- Committed to accomplishing expected program outcomes. Work with mentor to create a high-quality presentation and poster that meets or exceeds standard of Summer Science Program
- Independently design experiments and conduct basic troubleshooting
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory
- Communicate effectively and work efficiently with team members across R&D to support project requirements
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the team, as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to independently design and execute experiments and conduct some basic troubleshooting
- Must have strong time management skills and be highly organized and flexible to meet changing priorities
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and be capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team to support a positive work environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
•Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree in Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, or related field
•Research experience in a chemistry laboratory is preferred
•Knowledge of basic techniques such as setting up small scale reactions, performing thin layer chromatography (TLC), working up reactions etc. is strongly desired.
•A minimum of 3.0 GPA in science courses is required