Education Abroad Peer Advisor
Peer Advisors contribute to the Education Abroad Office through administrative support and as front-line education abroad advisors. They serve as the first contact person for students interested in education abroad through virtual or in-person communication. Peer Advisors assist the education abroad staff in the promotion of Colorado State University education abroad and exchange programs as well as affiliate program options. The Peer Advisor program provides the opportunity to enhance individual skills in interpersonal communication, customer service, public speaking, and writing.
This is a work-study position; applicant must be eligible for work-study to apply.
- Seeking a self-motivated, multi-tasking, organized, student employee who can demonstrate verbal and written communication skills.
- Regular weekly schedule of 6-8 hours (largely occurring between 9am-4pm).
- Must be willing to work during fall and spring semester.
- Assisting the Education Abroad office in administrative tasks like answering the education abroad email, processing transcripts, and more.
- Initial in-person, one-on-one advising of Colorado State University students who wish to have an education abroad experience.
- Presentations at class visits, residence halls, and student groups
- Participating in some of the following tasks:
· Entering database information efficiently and accurately
· processing paperwork and applications for approximately 1500 education abroad each year
· communicating with students in a timely and professional manner regarding incomplete applications
· assisting Education Abroad staff with general program correspondence, mailings, and/or registration materials
· assisting with outreach activities to increase participation in education abroad, including outreach to underrepresented groups
· assisting with CSU Education Abroad Fair
· supporting other International Programs events and groups, such as Travelers Tales
· working with education abroad staff to devise new ways to recruit students and/or finding new students to recruit
· working with education abroad staff to create new ways to publicize education abroad opportunities to CSU students, faculty, and staff
· reviewing pre-departure orientation materials and assisting in related activities
· communicating with CSU students abroad
· reviewing reentry orientation materials and assisting in related activities
Hourly Pay Rate: $12.32/hour
Benefit Information: Employee Benefit information can be found on HR’s Website.
Number of Openings: 3
Start Date: August 16
Colorado State University may conduct background checks on all final candidates
This is a work-study position, students must have or be able to obtain work study to apply. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid for eligibility.