Culinary Externships -Yellowstone National Park.
Create lifelong memories while earning college credit! Join our team as an Intern in Yellowstone National Park!
Yellowstone employees have the unique opportunity to live, work and explore in the world's first national park. During your summer, you will meet employees and visitors from all over the world and gain incredible hands-on experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
Our externships are for students pursuing degrees within the Culinary field. Opportunities are available during our summer season, April - October. We prefer candidates be able to work for at least 3 months.
When applying, please include the externship requirements from your school.
- Yellowstone National Park Lodges is the largest concessionaire in Yellowstone. We operate 31 restaurants ranging from fast food to fine dining, and 9 lodges with over 2,000 rooms.
- We hire over 3,500 employees for our summer season, which lasts from April to October. Our parent company, Xanterra Travel Collection also operates smaller operations in several other national parks.
- More than 100 various hospitality and culinary positions provide students the opportunity to focus internships on a specific area of interest.
- Our employees enjoy living in the park and have many opportunities for outdoor activities in Yellowstone and the surrounding areas.
What We Provide
- Simple living in the world’s first National Park with low-cost housing (dormitory style), meals (cafeteria style), and Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth) provided
- A low-cost bimonthly deduction covers three meals a day, your dorm room, and all associated utilities (including limited Wi-Fi) and the use of in-house laundry facilities
- Free Employee Recreation Program (hiking, biking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, educational programs, film series, sports competitions, and more!)
What You Will Learn
- Gain familiarity with operations at a high volume resort property
- Gain hands-on experience in the hospitality and support industry
- Have access to management operating in the nation's first national park
- Have access to management training opportunities from the training course catalog
- Network with members of the staff and learn about their roles
- Gain real-life work experience in the hospitality industry