Summer Intern/US Value, Evidence & Outcomes
Description of Department:
Example: US Value, Evidence & Outcomes (US VEO) is responsible for generating evidence using Real-World Data to optimize U.S. patient care. The USVEO group conducts health outcomes and health services research that support market access and commercial aspects of marketed pharmaceuticals in the US. This internship will involve supporting pharmaceutical assets and therapy area for the US market.
This position will allow the selected candidate to apply health outcomes techniques to marketed and developing assets within the pharmaceutical industry. Responsibilities would include but not limited to generation of health outcomes evidence using various study designs such as observational (prospective and retrospective) research, qualitative research methods including patient reported outcomes (PRO) and quality of life research, psychometrics, decision analysis or mathematical modeling. In addition, the intern will be exposed to the pharmaceutical industry through cross functional interaction with clinical, research and development, commercial and managed markets internal support groups. This opportunity is available at our site in Research Triangle Park, NC. This will be a high-quality, challenging internship and we will be recruiting the very best candidates to fill these positions.
- Must be currently enrolled in a graduate or profession level curriculum leading to a PharmD, MS or PhD in any of the following programs: pharmacy, health services research, outcomes research, pharmacy administration, public health or health policy.
- Must have a basic understanding of pharmaceutical research with exposure to statistical methods and analyses (and related SAS/STATA programming) a plus but not required. Having exposure to working with large administrative claims data (e.g. state Medicaid datasets) will serve the student well in getting the most out of the internship. Must demonstrate strong technical skills in above areas.
- Proficient in MS office application.
- Familiarity with US Health care system in general with a focus on US payers
- Able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week) throughout the 12-week internship cycle (May-July/August).
- Must have an active student status and/or within 12 months post-graduation from a BS or MS degree program. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Track record of achievement and leadership in work and/or extracurricular activities
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Evidence of teamwork skills
- Desire to broaden knowledge of the health outcomes research in the pharmaceutical industry
- Successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
- Provide your own funding for relocation and commuting.