Intramural Sports Official
Job Title: Intramural Sports Official
Pay Rate: $12.53-$12.79/hour
The Intramural Sports Official is responsible for the officiating various sports and events within the Intramural Sports program. They are to ensure a safe and fair sporting environment for participants.
- Knowledge of sport-specific rules as well as program policies and procedures
- Demonstration of sport-specific rules and program policies and procedures
- Consistently uphold all Campus Recreation department policies and procedures for patron and employee management related to position; critical thinking, problem solving within limits of department policy and procedures, judgment to identify and apply existing guidelines, training, enforcement, and communication for employees
- Provide a safe and effective environment for patrons
- Uphold service ethic, professional appearance standards, and Emergency Action Plan response
- Be alert to disorders, injuries, and inappropriate behavior, and deal with as trained or report to supervisor accordingly
- Mandatory attendance at Department All Staff Development each semester
- Attend all officials' staff meetings as scheduled
- Attend all training sessions as scheduled for sports officiated
- Completing online training and tests as assigned
- Completion of all foundation courses in the Campus Recreation Rec Development Program within one year of being hired
- Responding to “required response” emails received from IM Coordinator and Assistant Director
- Check-in participants prior to intramural events
- Set up and break down activity areas before and after events
- Officiate assigned intramural sports events
- Maintain frequent and effective communication with participants and co-workers
- Assist the Intramural Sports Manager with participant management
- Ensure safety of activity areas
- Return event area to state they were in prior to the event upon completion of program activities
- Remove any trash from event area following completion of activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Colorado State University may conduct background checks on all final candidates.
- Employee Benefit information can be found on HR’s Website.
- Number of openings: 50
- Start date: 8/18/2021 (There will be some summer onboarding and paid online on-demand training but the hours will not be consistent)
Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer.