Engineering Systems Engineer
- The Engineering Systems Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, managing, and supporting Engineering Systems applications to support operations and leadership decision making.
- Responsibilities include new software development, updating existing applications, and application validation in multiple environments.
- Work with various groups and departments in a collaborative manner to develop efficient workflows, which reflect the user business requirements and technical skill set of Engineering Systems.
- Works closely with multiple business partners to gather requirements, problem solve, and provide technical expertise to further optimize ongoing Engineering Systems application initiatives.
- Responsible for writing, testing, promoting code from development to UAT (User Acceptance Testing), and preparing change management documentation.
- Daily tasks include troubleshooting production issues that arise, and peer code reviews ensuring that application development adheres to Engineering Systems standards and procedures.
Job Related Experience:
Minimum Level: 3 years’ experience SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
Preferred Level: 5 years’ experience SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Majors: Computer and Information Sciences
Licenses / Certifications:
Required: None listed
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD)
- Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD)
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD)
- WCF services/Web API
- SQL Server - SSRS, SSIS, optimization, writing stored procedures
- Visual Basic
- Strong knowledge of computer systems with an emphasis on database systems, object-oriented principles, and web services.
- Well versed in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and interfaces that enhance the user experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills for facilitating various group meetings and documenting functional requirements
- Proactive, solution oriented, flexible and adaptive to changing priorities.
- Demonstrates analytical and adaptive thinking
- Seeks opportunities for growth, improvement, and continuous progress
- Senior Engineering Systems Engineer
- Manager Engineering Systems
- Director Engineering Technology