CTV Social Media Coordinator
Description: The Social Media & Graphics Coordinator is a leader who oversees the various CTV social media accounts and creates content for live shows. The Coordinator is enthusiastic about building a strong and dedicated audience across all platforms and is able to manage others in order to accomplish engagement-driven goals.
An ideal candidate has the following traits:
● Critically thinks about social media presence and increasing viewership.
● Strong understanding of the most effective social media practices across platforms; preference to candidates who have previously taken Social Media Management.
● Thinks ahead and plans for success of the station.
● Understands the importance of working outside of business hours to respond to breaking news.
● Effective communication skills and an ability to make decisions under pressure.
● Strong understanding of journalist ethics, AP Style and their application to crafting social media messages.
● Responsive to newsworthy events and prioritizes timeliness.
● Prioritizes teamwork to maintain an inclusive and professional culture.
● Open to finding new ways to engage audiences by utilizing platform-specific functions.
Rocky Mountain Student Media Corporation is committed to increasing the diversity of our staff and providing a culturally responsive work environment. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. While RMSMC is an independent corporation from the University, we embrace Colorado State’s Principles of Community to guide us in our educational mission.
● Plans online posts in advance on Hootsuite to push packages on social media platforms including Twitter and Instagram.
● Creates behind-the-scenes content to promote the live shows and on-air personalities.
● Live Tweets and photographs newsworthy events, such as the ASCSU debates.
● Plans for multimedia coverage, and communicates with the Executive Producer in order to maintain an engaging visual presence.
● Works alongside Department Coordinators to plan unique and creative social media content.
● Collects analytics to present at the weekly budget meetings in order to communicate effectively with the management team.
● Works with new reporters to encourage social media presence and effective visual communication.
● Attends majority of weekly shows and all monthly variety shows.
● Must lead/attend trainings as assigned by Executive Producer.
● Must maintain a professional profile both in and outside the workplace as a representative of CTV.
● Upon request, attend management budget meetings in the week.
Time Commitment: Must be able to attend at least three of the shows weekly from 6 p.m. until the show is uploaded to YouTube and scheduled on the server, Monday through Thursday.
Must be able to attend a half hour meeting once a week with the Executive Producer. Overall, must be able to commit 5+ hours a week.
Compensation: $13 per hour.
To apply: Submit a resume, cover letter and a short 2-3 slide PowerPoint about how you would lead and your big ideas to email@example.com with the subject line: “CTV 2021-2022 Application: Social Media Coordinator” by 11:59 pm on April 9, 2021. Interviews will be
scheduled and held by the Executive Producer between April 10th-April 13th. Be prepared to answer questions regarding the attributes and responsibilities listed above.
This is an off-campus work-study position; must be eligible for a work-study award to apply.
Colorado State University may conduct background checks on all final candidates.