Student Assistant for Colorado State Sustainable Teaching and Learning Collaborative and the CSU Writing Project.
We are looking for a student assistant to fulfill duties associated with the CSU Writing Project (CSUWP) and the Colorado State Sustainable Teaching and Learning Collaborative (CSSTL). The student should be organized, deadline-driven, and self-motivated. Effective written and verbal communication skills are essential to the tasks associated with this position. The candidate must uphold a friendly/approachable demeanor in interactions with CSU staff and undergraduate students, secondary school educators, and parents of school-aged children. This opportunity will allow you to gain experience with program planning and to interact with various stakeholders committed to youth leadership, educator advocacy, diversity, and social justice.
Hours: 10-15 per week -- Scheduling of the hours is flexible, but will occur primarily Monday through Frida during the hours from 9:00-4:00, with the possibility of some evening meetings online
Availability: Must be willing to work during the Spring 2021 semester and possibly into the summer months
Program Planning and Development
● Assist with recruiting, marketing for CSUWP summer programs
● Communicate with CSUWP and CSSTL educators via e-mail, video-conferencing, and phone
● Assist with organization of programming materials in Google Drive
● Assist with publicity of CSSTL programming
Clerical support and Scheduling
● Support Director of CSUWP and CSSTL as well as CSUWP and CSSTL facilitators with clerical tasks
● Schedule planning meetings via Zoom
Other duties as assigned
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively with Director of CSUWP and CSSTL as well as program facilitators
● Strong verbal and written communication skills to respond to needs of diverse audiences
● Timeliness and accountability when working on assigned projects
● Ability to work with individuals and teams from diverse backgrounds to pursue common goals
● Ability to use technology to communicate, problem‐solve, and complete tasks in a responsible manner
● Knowledge of Google applications (e.g., Chrome, GoogleDocs, file management, etc.)
● Ability or willingness to learn how to work on Weebly website
NUMBER OF OPENINGS: 1
START DATE: Immediately upon hire
BENEFIT INFORMATION: Employee Benefit information can be found on HRs Website, https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/
APPROXIMATE SALARY: $15/hr.
BACKGROUND CHECK LANGUAGE: Colorado State University may conduct background checks on final candidates.