MBA Finance Summer Intern
HomeX is an end-to-end technology and services platform for both homeowners and service providers, radically improving the historically complex and fragmented home services industry.
About the Team
HomeX is seeking a multi-faceted, analytical Finance MBA intern to support our growing Finance organization based out of our Chicago HQ.
The MBA intern will work with the Finance and Accounting teams, as well as partner with various teams of the business to work on projects to aid in the creation of key performance indicators and reporting for leadership as well as our Consumer and B2B teams.
As the Finance Intern you will:
- Help craft KPIs for our various segments and implement processes to review and analyze on a monthly basis.
- Identify and execute ways to streamline reporting on revenue and gross profit by segment / product
- Help map out process and timing for 2022 planning, as well as aid in the creation of reporting packages and templates
- Build out short term forecasts process, leveraging pipeline data
- Work in Excel and help research budget and planning tools implement in the budgeting process
- Aid in the reconciliation of our shared drives and document retention
- Team-Oriented: You are a constant collaborator and look for ways to partner with others on the team.
- A Believer: You understand that technology can simplify, delight and enhance our lives and hope to build transformative innovation as part of your career.
- Great Communicator: You have a natural ability to build relationships with cross functional team members and have an excellent attention to detail
- Startup Mentality: You thrive in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment where you balance multiple projects and can prioritize your work both short and long term.
- Driven: You are motivated to achieve success
- Forward-Thinking: You are constantly looking for new and better ways to do things. You also follow trends in the market with an interest in what might come next.
- Ability to complete 10 or 12 week summer internship -- assume internships will be remote in the US, with option to work from our Chicago office pending reopening date
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program at a top university
- Professional track record with demonstrated analytical mindset
- Experience leading entrepreneurial efforts, collaborating with cross-functional teams
- A passion for the HomeX mission
- Must be authorized to work in the US (no visa sponsorship/relocation)
Do you want to reinvent a trillion-dollar industry?
HomeX is a radically better home services platform combining world-class technology and next generation service operations. We are reshaping the experience for both consumers and businesses in the trillion-dollar home services industry.
Being radically better requires new end-to-end solutions for both consumers and technicians. This is why HomeX is combining a technology platform for the entire industry, a managed service network, and full-service experiences for consumers. Creating this integrated ecosystem enables us to deliver uniquely simple and personalized solutions that are redefining home services.
HomeX has experienced exponential growth because of our commitment to evolve the industry, our determination to be a positive force, and our passion for groundbreaking technology. Joining HomeX now is a once in a lifetime career opportunity for anyone passionate about making a difference and making history in consumer technology.
Note: All HomeX offices are currently closed due to the coronavirus pandemic. As of Feb 2021, we plan to reopen offices some time in Q3 and will expect most employees to work onsite ~3 days per week.
Why work with us?
Working at HomeX means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success, as well as the close-knit camaraderie of a team of highly talented and motivated coworkers. We offer a collaborative, positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including equity, performance-based incentives and competitive benefits for full time employees.
HomeX values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.