Learning Assistant for ENGR 101, Fall 2021
Description: Each fall, the ENGR 101 (Grand Challenges in Engineering) course employs 3-5 former students to help current students with (a) the group projects and (b) the key concepts taught in this course.
- Full-time student in the Walter Scott, Jr. College of Engineering in the fall of 2021
- Demonstrate knowledge and competence in the subject matter by having successfully completed ENGR 101 with an “A” grade
- Ability to effectively communicate strategies for succeeding on the group project and other knowledge and skills learned in this course
- Work comfortably with people from diverse backgrounds
- Interest helping first semester freshman students start their undergraduate studies
- Must have time available on your schedule to participate in some of the 11-11:50 am M-W-F classes.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Give feedback to project groups during the review sessions for each stage of the group project
- Attend some classes (M-W-F 11-11:50am), when students start work on the next stage of the project
- Offer assistance to students to explain your major
- Be available for some 1-1 tutoring and study skills development, as requested by students
- Participate in midterm and final exam review sessions
- Attend and participate in monthly staff meetings
Please note that only Engineering majors who have taken ENGR 101 should apply for these positions due to the need to have gone through the course content as a student,
Pay rate for this position is $12.32 per hour.
Hours: 2-4 per week
Start date: August 10, 2021
How to apply: Students interested in applying for this position should complete the online application through Handshake. If you have any questions or difficulty applying through Handshake, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for this position will be accepted on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. Priority will be given to applications received by the initial application deadline – Sunday, April 12.
- Colorado State University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
Employee Benefit information can be found on HR’s Website: https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/.