Sport Club Student Advisor
The Sport Clubs Advisor is responsible for coordinating the on-going training of sport club officers and the completion of appropriate paperwork required in the Sport Clubs program. This position will apply critical thinking and problem solving skills to cooperatively prepare and finalize sport club paperwork as well as provide guidance on sport club issues. This position will provide customer service to Sport Clubs, as well as other Campus Recreation programs as needed. This position will work independently; performing all duties to a high quality. They will inform the Assistant Director-Sport Clubs of any issues or concern. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Colorado State University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history.
Qualifications / Certifications
· Experience addressing customer service issues
· Demonstrated organizational, oral, and written communication skills
· Thorough understanding of department policies, procedures, and processes
· Consistently uphold all Campus Recreation department policies and procedures for patron and employee management related to position; critical thinking, problem solving within limits of department policy and procedures, judgment to identify and apply existing guidelines, training, enforcement, and communication for employees.
· Provide a safe and effective environment for patrons.
· Uphold service ethic, professional appearance standards, and Emergency Action Plan response.
· Be alert to disorders, injuries, and inappropriate behavior and deal with as trained or report to supervisor accordingly.
· Attend all staff trainings, meetings, in-services, and shifts as scheduled.
· Personal characteristics including positive attitude, outgoing personality, adaptable.
· Demonstrate leadership characteristics and commitment to pride in excellence and high service standards.
· Good oral, written, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
· Remain visible and approachable to club questions, concerns and / or complaints.
· Maintain clean, neat appearance of Sport Club work area.
· Represent Campus Recreation at departmental and University events to promote Sport Club programs
· Assist Sport Club officers in completing appropriate paperwork.
· Serve as a liaison and advisor to assigned sport clubs.
· Attend weekly professional staff/advisor meetings for on-going training.
· Approve small purchases by reviewing club account sheet.
· Provide customer service to the Sport Clubs Program and other Campus Recreation programs as needed.
· Available to work business hours, Monday-Friday, and sport club event hours (evenings and weekends).
· Collect and maintain Sport Club eligibility paperwork and the student-athlete database.
· Make rental vehicle reservations for clubs.
· Other duties as assigned.
Benefit Information: Employee Benefit information can be found on HR’s Website .https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/
Number of openings: 2-3
Start Date: Anticipated start date is April 2nd, 2021
Background check information: Pre-employment background check required. For more information on Colorado State University background check policy, please visit: http://policylibrary.colostate.edu/policy.aspx?id=461
About Colorado State University - Campus Recreation (8027)
Campus Recreation is a department within the Division of Student Affairs at Colorado State University. Campus Recreation promotes healthy lifestyles by offering quality programs, facilities, and services to the CSU community in order to foster personal growth, leadership development, and student success in an environment that embraces individual differences.