Data Analyst- Maintenance
VDOT’s Maintenance Division is looking for a Data Analyst to provide support for the Division’s Environmental Stewardship Program. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Interpreting and analyzing policies, procedures and business processes.
- Providing technical guidance and problem resolution to internal and external customers, and providing support and representation of innovative program goals.
- Managing the development, maintenance, and use of spatial data to support the Environmental Stewardship Program.
- Providing support for the application of spatial data related to the analysis of transportation project impacts. Ensuring consistent use and interpretation of environmental spatial data.
- Identifying and assisting in the implementation of training programs relevant to the use of spatial data to meet maintenance and environmental requirements.
This is an Hourly/Wage position. Hourly (wage) employees may not work more than an average of 29 hours a week and can’t exceed 1500 hours during their employment year. This position does not include health insurance, retirement or leave.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated knowledge of the following:
- Working knowledge of GIS theory, applications, architecture, and technology trends.
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS Desktop extensions, ArcGIS Spatial Analysts and ArcGIS 3D Analyst.
- Working knowledge of relational databases, database design, data integrity, and metadata documentation.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with internal and external customers.
- Ability to develop, interpret, and apply changes to policies and procedures and prepare technical reports.
- Ability to work independently and help develop project, program, or process improvement efforts as directed by management.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and training to staff, especially as is related to sound use of GIS technology to support project development and program management.
- Knowledge of a diverse range of transportation maintenance and environmental program areas and the potential uses of spatial data to assist in decision making and regulatory compliance.
- Ability to provide innovative and creative business solutions to address changes in data requirements.
- Familiarity with other data management systems such as Power BI, Business Object, or Microsoft Access is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, GIS, geography, computer science, information systems, environmental science, or related field; or equivalent experience and/or training using GIS for transportation planning and analysis may substitute for degree.