Manufacturing Engineer (entry level)
Are your career goals to be an Engineer? Are you looking for a challenging position at a company with excellent benefits, great work/life balance, and job stability? If so, you're in luck!
Core Manufacturing is responsible for providing direction and oversight for manufacture and delivery of reactor core components. CM employees assume substantial responsibility, leading the resolution of production issues while balancing cost, schedule, and technical requirements. Frequent and effective communication with the Core Vendor, Naval Reactors, and Prime interface organizations is a necessary function of the role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing direction for high-value reactor plant components during production and developing the manufacturing process and inspection methods. Duties include the resolution of current production issues, identification and evaluation of changes to improve quality, development and qualification of new inspection techniques for new component designs, certification of completed components to technical specifications and oversight of manufacturing and inspection processes to ensure quality.
Perform engineering evaluations and analyses, and make engineering decisions for all aspects of assigned tasks. Cognizant areas may include planning, designing, modeling, analyzing, documenting, and testing of nuclear, mechanical, structural or electrical components, systems and equipment and facilities. Work may include chemical or materials evaluations, design reviews, operations support, safety analysis, engineering methods and software development, and analysis of vendor's procedures and systems for quality control or manufacturing surveillance.
REQUIRED SKILLS *
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university required.
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years of relevant experience; or
- MS degree in engineering or Master's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year of relevant experience; or
- Currently or previously EOOW qualified in the Nuclear Operations Program; or
- SRE Qualification
- Experience working in a collaborative data-driven environment
- Clear and concise written/verbal communications
- Strong Skills with Microsoft office (MS word, excel)
- Ability to work individually and with a team
- Minimum of 3.0/4.0 cumulative grade point average