Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc. (WEST), a dynamic medium size consulting firm with offices across the United States, is looking for a full time, experienced Contracts Specialist in our Cheyenne, WY office. Since 1990, WEST has grown to be one of the premier environmental and statistical consulting firms in the United States. WEST has a permanent core of professionals with broad experience in basic and applied ecological studies and the sophisticated analysis of natural resource data.
The successful candidate will have experience in high-level legal functions and will be responsible for assisting the Contracts Manager. Duties and responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Review contracts for conformity to company rates, rules and regulations and insurance requirements
- Recommend modifications
- Prepare, interpret and verify contracts and associated paperwork to be signed
- Monitor existing contracts to ensure timely renewals
- Assist Contracts Manager with various contractual tasks
- Proofread various legal documents
- Filing contracts
- Conduct legal research and summarizing findings
- Administration tasks such as processing mail and telephone calls
This is a general description of the functions for this position and is not inclusive of the duties which may be associated with this position.
The Contracts Specialist we are seeking has a great opportunity to help WEST take the next step in our growth as a premier environmental consulting firm. Successful candidate must be a self-starter who possesses:
- Minimum of an associate's degree in paralegal/legal studies. A bachelor's degree in paralegal/legal studies is preferred
- Educational equivalent to graduation from an accredited college, university or professional school with the following:
- A minimum of two years' experience in a professional procurement and/or contracting
- Problem solving/analysis
- Communication proficiency
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality when handling information and documentation
- Ability to be detail oriented in all transactions to ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and make independent decisions
Successful candidates must be able to pass a background check; a pre-employment drug screen; and a DMV records check that meets WEST’s minimum criteria to operate a motor vehicle on behalf of the company. A valid driver’s license will be required. Candidates must adhere to all health and safety requirements.
WEST is an employee owned organization with a tradition of professional integrity dedicated to a family atmosphere and a diverse workforce.
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- SEP IRA (100% employer contributions)
- Life insurance, Long Term Disability and AD&D
- Profit sharing potential
- Excellent administrative support
WEST provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their gender, race, color, creed, religion, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Further, WEST takes affirmative action to ensure that all individuals are treated fairly, and without discrimination, for recruitment, selection, advancement and every other term and privilege associated with employment.