Wildfire Mitigation Engineering Intern
Work as an entry level engineering analyst with the Wildfire Mitigation Team to support all aspects of wildfire mitigation programs including collection and engineering review of asset data, program mapping and documentation, compiling, analyzing, and consolidating critical metrics, engineering analysis and refinement of wildfire programs, engineering and project management support, , and supporting other requests from Electric Distribution. Candidate should also stay abreast of wildfire science and technology advancements related to situational awareness. Through practical experience and mentoring, successful candidate will gain significant professional confidence and people skills.
- Must be enrolled in an ABET accredited engineering program
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate effectively; both written and verbally
- Must be self-motivated, have good mechanical aptitude, and ability to work well with others
- Ability to work part-time during the school year and full-time during breaks/summer
- Course work in electric power or project management and an interest in the power industry desirable
- Programming and database skills
- Preference given to local students
$19.50 - $28.40 / hour depending on what year of school you are in.