Biochemistry Summer Intern
Inscripta is developed the world's first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Inscripta has opened a Biochemistry Summer Intern located at our Boulder, Colorado office.
This paid internship will last a minimum of 10 weeks throughout the summer and will have full-time hours, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
The Biochemistry team is part of R&D and develops and runs assays critical to our editing platform. This position is hands on, lab bench oriented and will provide the applicant many opportunities to learn new and standard molecular and cell biology lab techniques. We are looking for exceptional candidates with a passion for science, problem solving, and contributing to the development of new technologies and products.
The candidate will contribute to the following projects and efforts in the Systems Integration team:
- Develop and run biochemical assays: PCR, qPCR, RT-qPCR, sc-RT qPCR and NGS library preparation.
- Cloning and DNA extractions. This would involve microbial cell culture, cell processing and DNA extractions.
- Experimental planning, data analysis and reporting of results.
- Routine lab and equipment maintenance as needed.
A graduate student or rising senior undergraduate student working on a degree in biotechnology, biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or related field
- Experience with basic lab techniques including pipetting, cell handling, basic microbe culture, and basic lab equipment.
- Experience with data collection and data analysis. Experience with data analysis software such as Matlab or JMP is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint or similar programs.
- Detail oriented, with a commitment to keep thorough, accurate lab records.
Join us for the summer and work with a great team of people developing the world's first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This paid internship is located in our Boulder, CO location.