BFS Campus Services and Accounts Payable Accounting Assistant
Campus Services, a financial customer services unit within Business and Financial Services, partners with the campus community by providing professional, knowledgeable, and responsible business and financial solutions. We assist the campus community with questions regarding financial and business processes and procedures and we provide guidance in resolving concerns or issues that arise. The Accounts Payable Department acts as an administrative unit within Business and Financial Services to disburse organizational funds in a timely and justifiable manner in compliance with State rules and regulations and university policies and procedures.
Campus Services and Accounts Payable regularly prepare reports, checks balances, and completes reconciliations using data from our Kuali Financial Services (KFS) system. These units play a major role in year end processing to ensure that revenue and expenses are recorded in the proper year (using Accrual accounting) by reviewing balances for deficits and contacting Fiscal Officers and ensuring accounting documents in KFS are being approved timely.
The student will work in several different applications including: Kuali Financials (KFS), Report Manager, Jasper (reporting), and Microsoft Excel to create and analyze reports and reconciliations. The student will gain a great deal of experience in Excel including using Pivot Tables and V-Look-ups.
Understanding and use of professional business communications is important as the student will be contacting the campus community via Outlook email. The student will assist the team with Year End responsibilities by running daily reports to review for proper accrual accounting, clearing account or sub-fund deficits, KFS documents needing approval, and other corrections that may be needed.
· Create reports and analyze for issues or trends. DP, CT/PS, C
· Extensive use of Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, and Outlook. DP, CT/PS
· Develop proficiency in use of Kuali Financial System (KFS), Report Manager and Jasper. DP, CD
· Create written communications with campus Fiscal Officers on account balances, errors needing correction, and other actions needed. WC, TW
· Prioritize responsibilities to meet deadlines with successful completion of work. Ability to work inclusively in a diverse setting. L, TW
· Effective use of Team and resources provided in Onboarding Training. CT, TW
· Maintain confidentiality, be punctual, and communicate changes in work schedule with Manager. PA
This position is 32-40 hours per week from May 24, 2021 to August 13, 2021. The student must work a minimum of 32 hours per week and up to 40 hours per week. The student must also be enrolled at CSU for the Fall 2021 semester for at least half-time. Colorado State University will conduct a background check on all final candidates for this position.
· Graduate or undergraduate student in the CSU College of Business with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance.
· The student must work full time (32-40 hrs per week) during the Summer term (5/24/21- 8/13/21).
· Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook). DP, V/WC
· Excellence in written communication skills as demonstrated in the application materials. WC
· Basic knowledge of accounting (Successful completion of at least one college accounting class). D,PA
· Problem solving and analysis/critical thinking. CT/PS
· Ability to work effectively and independently with limited supervision; use available resources provided during Onboarding Training. PA, CT, SR
· Able to demonstrate teamwork, a good work ethic, and attention to detail in a consistent manner. PA, TW
Benefit Information: Employee Benefit information can be found on HR Website https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/