Environmental Engineering Intern - Central Plateau Cleanup Company (CPCCo)
ANR Group Inc offers Summer Internships on the Department of Energy site in Richland, WA.
This position is open to a student in Environmental Engineering or Chemistry, Environmental Science, or Geology degree programs. Internship start and end dates may be flexible based on the students availability.
Statement of Work:
- The Regulatory Strategy and Integration group is seeking an intern to evaluate trends and look for relationships between certain variables in groundwater data to improve our ability to collect representative samples. This evaluation requires an aptitude for chemistry, environmental science and data analysis. A background in geosciences would be helpful but not required.
- The position is part of the Risk, Modeling and Characterization Integration team but includes regular interfacing with several teams within the Soil and Groundwater Operations Organization. The project can be performed remotely, using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Working remotely requires a consistent internet connection.
- Specific tasks and deliverables:
- 1) Conduct in-depth analysis of groundwater variables from a specific list of wells on the Hanford site. The deliverables for this task are a spreadsheet and a short presentation given to CPCCo and DOE.
- 2) Conduct a comparison of depth discrete groundwater data with post-development groundwater data. The deliverables for this task are a spreadsheet and a short presentation (can be combined with the presentation from the first task)
- 100% remote opportunity, good internet connection is required.
*Weekly Activities Report – The Contractor shall provide Buyer with a Weekly Activities Report identifying detailed work activities performed for the week/day: by name/hours worked and company and, if applicable, any detailed problems or issues in completing assigned work. Weekly Activities Reports shall be submitted to the BTR by COB of the last workday of each week documenting the previous week’s activities. Additionally, the Weekly Activities Reports will be submitted as an attachment to each invoice. Submission of Weekly Activities Reports is required until the contract work is completed. A Weekly Activity Report will be submitted on weeks where no work has been done.
- Enrollment in either a undergraduate or graduate Environmental Engineering or physical science program.
- Aptitude with Excel tables is preferred.
- US Citizen
- At least 18 years of age
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Have been a full-time student (≥12 credit hours) during the two quarters/semesters immediately preceding the internship.
- Have maintained an overall GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) during their college experience.
- Adhere to CPCCo Standards of Conduct for the duration of the internship.
Site Conditions and Known Hazards:
Some site conditions and/or known hazards may include general radiation, chemical hazards, and industrial hazards that may require a medical qualification/surveillance for respirator use, noise, heat stress, HAZWOPER, Beryllium, and Facility Specific Hazards Training.
Summer Intern - Preferred Academic Standing (Completed Year):
Junior, Senior, Graduate - BA/BS Degree, Post Graduate
Summer Intern - Desired Majors - Engineering:
Summer Intern - Desired Majors - Science & Business:
Chemistry, Environmental Science, Other: Geology