Student Researcher - Production and Testing of DNA Barcode Loaded Microcrystals
The Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering is seeking a student researcher for Dr. Snow's lab for the summer.
· Large scale E. coli expression of a protein in shake flasks and 2L bioreactors.
· Affinity purification, batch crystal growth, and crosslinking of porous protein microcrystals
· Production, amplification, and validation of a modular library of DNA sequences via PCR and NGS and loading DNA into distinct batches of microcrystals
· Working with a larger team for the deployment of these DNA-laden microcrystals for mosquito marking
· Participation in a multi-laboratory One Health program on mosquito and West Nile virus movement culminating in an end-of-summer symposium
Hours: 20 hrs per week
Pay rate: $13/ hour
Colorado State University may require background checks on all final candidates
Employee Benefit information can be found on Hrs Website: https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/"