TILT Desk Coordinator
Start Date: August 9th, 2021
Benefits Information: Employee Benefits information can be found on HRS Website.
Colorado State University may conduct background checks on all final candidates.
- Develop an advanced understanding of TILT programs and resources we provide for students and faculties.
- Serve as a role model that represents a positive example of TILT and the mission we stand for.
- Take initiative to ensure students and professional staff are checked in to their designated course, have materials they need at each desk, and assist any guest who's seeking support.
- Arrive on time for all scheduled shifts and training times.
- Perform tasks given by the supervisor, Desk Staff Lead, or other TILT professional staff efficiently and on time.
- Set up a weekly meeting with Desk Staff Lead Coordinator to discuss assigned team project updates. Semester Team Project will be assigned based on work need.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Uphold a high level of professionalism and customer service skills while helping students, faculty, professional staff, guests, and fellow teammates.
- Check-in students and professional staff to their designated course and assist any guest who's seeking support or have resource question.
- Clean tables, whiteboards, spray bottles, frequently used items to keep up with health and safety regulations during COVID.
- Commit to ensuring our space is an inclusive and welcoming environment.
- Must have a work-study award.
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign program.
- Desire to learn how to create an accessible document and able to fix existing documents.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to solve problems on your own.
- Be able to empathize with students and guests who may be struggling academically and personally.